- CentX Group respects customer privacy and the privacy of those accessing our website, or those websites hosted by us. We undertake to protect the confidentiality of our customers and users including all personal information supplied in the course of contracting with us for services. We undertake not to sell your personal information to third parties for commercial or marketing purposes.
Collection of Personal Data
- CentX Group collects personal data about our users when you visit a website hosted by us; apply for a service subscription; respond to a customer questionnaire and through the use of cookie* technology. We may also combine information about you that we have with information we obtain from our business partners or affiliates.
*A cookie is a data file that sits on your computer hard disk. The cookie is placed there by a remote web server that you have visited using a browser like Netscape or Internet Explorer. It is used to uniquely identify you during web interactions with a website and contains data parameters that allow the remote HTML server to keep a record of who you are, and what actions you take at the remote web site. You have the option to disable the cookie function in your browser, but will be restricted from accessing many sites as a result.
Use of Personal Data
- CentX Group may on occasion use your personal information to contact you about promotional offers; advise you of matters relevant to service provision and in some cases, solicit your feedback. However, CentX Group will provide you with an option within every communication to opt out of receiving any communications of this nature or you can contact our customer services representatives to ensure that you do not receive such promotional information, at +2710 020 0505.
- CentX Group may collect and share aggregated user data with business partners, sponsors or other third parties for the purposes of developing content and ensuring relevant advertising and content, such user data will never be used to identify individual users. These business partners and affiliated companies do not have any independent right to share this information.
- CentX Group may log the websites you visit; collect IP addresses and information about your operating system and the type of browser you use for the purposes of network/system administration; to report aggregate information to our advertisers, and to audit the use of our site. This data however will not be used to identify individual users who will at all times remain anonymous.
- Any information CentX Group collects from you through correspondence with us, whether via e-mail, telephonically or by written letter, will only be used to address the matters within that correspondence. If this requires referring such correspondence within CentX Group or to a third party to ensure customer service, your personal information will only be disclosed to the point necessary to address your query or concerns, and will otherwise be kept confidential.
Public Space (Bulletin Boards, Chat Rooms and Third-Party Sites
- Any information that customers disclose in a public space, including on any bulletin board, chat room or any site CentX Group may host for you, is available to anyone else who visits that space. CentX Group cannot safeguard any information you disclose there.
- CentX Group will not enter into a service subscription contract with a minor unless such minor has explicit written consent from a parent or guardian to do so. CentX Group undertakes not to contact minors about promotional offers or for marketing purposes without a parental consent.
Reservation of Rights
- CentX Group reserves the right to disclose information about customers where required in good faith, to do so by law or to exercise our legal rights or defend ourselves against legal claims.
- CentX Group further reserves the right to share information with law enforcement to investigate or prevent illegal activities being committed over our network.
- CentX Group reserves our rights to disclose your personal information where you have given us explicit legal written consent to do so.
- CentX Group reserves the right to monitor user and network traffic for site security purposes and prevent any unauthorized attempts to tamper with our site or cause damage to our property.